Wednesday, May 20, 2009

vacation pics


We went to Miami Beach, a cruise to the Bahamas, and got to visit Eriks mission all in one week! Erik served in Ft. Lauder dale FL and 6 months in the Bahamas. It was so fun to experience his mission with him all over again. . . not so much the humidity part. I would have died!

This is at Miami Beach, we loved it there. . . all but the few topless women! We had no idea and no car to drive to a different beach.

Erik couldn't wait to go back to Florida to have Cuban food, it is his favorite!

This was a really cool tree that was right in the middle of the shopping area, the roots of the tree grow from the top of the tree.

Just chillin on the beach at night. . . its my favorite

This lady looked so much like a statue. . . it was so creepy!

Getting Ready to get on the Ship!!

We had to do a drill before we took off. I felt like I was on Titanic for sure, it was so scary!

We both got dressed for dinner the first night and didn't even realise how matchy we were. How cute are we :)

Just gettin off the ship to the first island, Free Port. This is where Erik served his mission

Erik took us to this beach he knew about, there was only a few people, it was a real beach and so beautiful. You could walk out forever and see fish swimming all around your feet

This is my favorite thing to do on vacation, it is so relaxing to just fall asleep in the sun.

We rented a scotter for the whole day and just cruised around and saw where he lived and the new missionaries there, the church that was built right aftrer he left, he was so excited because he worked so hard to get one while he was there. We took tons more pics but I couldn't put them all up. . .

I didnt want to drive the scotter cause you have to drive on the left side of the road, but i had to try it out once. Dont worry one second after he took that pic i almost crashed.

This is one of the families Erik loved on his mission. He started playing street ball with the son and eventually met the whole family and they still have the picture of Jesus he gave them on the wall. We just showed up and they were so happy to see Casper! I can't believe how dark they are, but even worse they couldn't believe how white i was. The little ones just stared at me like I was an alien. One of the kids even asked Erik why he had spots all over him (freckles). ha ha ha

It was a lot of fun to meet them, I can't believe how they live though. They had so many people living there in a tiny little shack! These kids were so cute, they had to borrow our sunglasses for a pic.

We went kayaking and snorkeling and of course didn't bring an underwater camera, but you can see the kayaks behind us. . . they were clear so you could see the fish. We loved it

This was the last island we went to, it was a private island. They had a huge BBQ, music playing, volleyball and little shops. What more could I ask for?

The palm trees were so huge there and grew so weirdly.

We hiked up to this spot and the water was so blue it was amazing!

We had someone take a few pictures for us cause we were getting sick of the single ones. He was pretty good and even got the bird in the background.

This was our last night on the cruise so we played a little 5 cent poker. Erik taught me and it was pretty fun!
We had so much fun spending time together, we definitely needed it!

12 comments:

Emily said...

Love the pictures--you two look so cute! And that's great you could see where Erik went on his mission. Looks like you had a lot of fun. (I need a trip like that!)

Racheal said...

Sounds like you all had a great time. ;) I love vacations.

jayni & ben said...

So cute. So much fun. I want to go on a vacation with my husband. They are the best!! Cute swimsuits Andrea you little hottie. Love you :)

MEREDITH said...

You guys did a lot of fun stuff! I'm glad it worked out for you guys to go to Florida and take that cruise!

Monica said...

Ah that looks like so much fun! I want to see my husband's mission but it was ghetto in some parts so he's afraid to take me there haha

Carly said...

you are so cute! and that looks so fun! I was way too scared to snorkel so just walking out and seeing fish would be perfect!

Sherilyn said...

Great post of a very fun anniversary vacation! You both look adorable in these pics. So glad you got to visit Erik's mission.Such a fun memory builder. Thanks for posting so I can see how much fun the two of you had.

The Robinson's said...

so fun!! i am so jelous! i want to go on a fun vaca with my husband so bad!! cute pics!

Andrea Ingersoll said...

that looks like so much fun you skinny butt. love the pics.

Cristi Benedict said...

I'm seriously so jealous!!! I've never been there! You guys look like you had a blast! What hotties! Good job to your hubby for holding out in the humidity on the mission.

Sabrina and BJ said...

What a cruise and Florida in one trip.. I'm so jealous..You look so amazing.. It looks like you had so much fun.. BJ would have loved that tree.. He is obsessed with that kind of stuff obviously.. Glad your life is great.. I miss you!!

Marie Carlisle said...

Hey Ann! You look like you had so much fun! I am so jealeous! I loved looking at all the pictures of you two!