Thursday, January 21, 2010

Finally!!!

. . .i finished my blanket!!! It took me forever, i would do one step and get so sick of it and put it away for about a year. I can't believe it is actually done!

Me and my cute mommy tying it, she has made a million blankets and kept pointing out everything that didn't turn out perfect. But this was my first one so i didn't expect it to be perfect.

really?. . .no wonder why my back hurt so bad after. haha

All finished! It took me a while to find the back for it, i looked at 4 different fabric stores and when i finally found something i loved there wasn't enough. So i finally found this and it ended up looking perfect!


The best part :) I picked the thickest bating for it cause i am always freezing. . . its soooooo warm. I am in love!

8 comments:

Carly said...

cute! i've been looking for a sewing machine cuz i wanna make quilts. never have before! oh and you probably figure i got a new hairdresser up here in north ogden? nope. my hair is NASTY. i dont know what to do hahaha i dont trust anyone but you!
im thinking about doing an all over blond...will that be cheaper to keep up?

Kristi said...

SO CUTE! Congrats An...and so nice of your Mom to help with all her expertise!

jayni & ben said...

cutie. I can't believe it is done. You would make it thick and HOT. I would be sweating I bet. I love your mom. I need to come see your family. Maybe we do some cute crafts for my babes room. Love you soooooooooooo much!!

Emily said...

It looks so cozy! I love it! (If you had brown hair you'd look just like Amber!)

Penn and Kass said...

I love it.
I want to learn to quilt!

Monica said...

That quilt is HUGE! Go you! I only made a baby blanket and it took me forever and it only had two pieces and a ruffle so I don't think I will ever have the patience to piece a quilt haha

Megan Hilgenberg said...

i have two things i need to say about this post...
1) cute shirt. a really nice person must have given that to you because you look so cute in it.
2) why didn't you use the pockets from those 7's with the pink stitching? p.s. i still have mine

Sherilyn said...

What a beautiful and memorable quilt. Such a labor of love. You will treasure it for years to come. So glad your sweet mom helped you finish it. That's what mom's do! Congrats on your new home . I can't wait to see pics of it .